THE SEXY LIBRARIAN PRESENTS:
FOR THE MEN
AND THE WOMEN WHO LOVE THEM
Editor: Rose Caraway
Publisher: Stupid Fish Productions
Submission Deadline: THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED
Publication Date: Approximately July 2016
Payment: $50.00 USD for Non-Exclusive Rights
Stupid Fish Productions purchases accepted stories for $50 for inclusion in this anthology. Authors will retain the rights to their individual stories.
Authors will also receive: 1 E-book copy, 1 Audible download code of the audiobook upon publication. If the book goes to print, contributing authors will also receive 1 print copy.
“For The Men”
Men love a good story. They communicate in story. Ask any man near you and he’ll have a tale to tell, about that one time when…
This “For The Men” erotic collection is intended for the fellas and the women who have an appetite for something other than “Romance”. These stories are for a heterosexual audience, but might contain elements of bisexuality, gay or lesbian characters, or ‘other’.
I am seeking stories with purposeful plot and developed characters. ALL FIVE SENSES should be engaged. Writers should focus on capturing action and emotion, transition and transformation. Their stories should revolve around expected/unexpected intense sexual encounters. Story movement is key. The where and when of your story should include detailed elements of that specific environment and your character’s mind. Show both, action and reaction.
“Romance” isn’t the focal point. Characters should be affected and effective. Let them be strong, weak, smart, clumsy, egotistical or emotional. Play with power dynamics. Put your adventurous characters ‘anywhere’ or in ‘any time’ you want them, but remember that “happily ever after’s” aren’t required here. If “Romance” is a strong element in your story, show it. Give more than nuanced feeling descriptors. Show the behavior.
For inspiration, think:
Mad Men, Sopranos, Ex Machina, Avatar, Star Trek, The Anchorman, Pain & Gain, The Exorcist, The Shining, House of Cards, Rocky, The Wire, etc. You know, think adventure: crab fishermen, astronauts, professors, senators, aliens, gold miners, athletes, soldiers, drug dealing gangsters…you get the idea. All genres and ‘kinks’ are open.
Example Story Prompts:
- A trucker finds the perfect road companions; damsels in distress. (multiple women)
- Guaranteed pregnancy. A scientist develops the perfect fertility serum. (Seed for sale)
- She entered the Harley Davidson bathing suit contest. What she won was more than a motorcycle. (vouyerism/lesbian) [Cliché is okay, if done well.]
- A WWII soldier saves a new mother, but they have to stay out of sight for a few days and the nights are cold. (lactation)
- He caught the smallest fish, but she promises not to tell if he agrees to ‘satisfy’ her boyfriend. (forced bi/glory hole/anonymity)
- His boss just pulled into the driveway and, once again, he’s sneaking out of the wife’s upstairs window. (infidelity)
- A senator needs her ego stroked. (power play)
- A married couple goes camping and the couple in the next tent over are very friendly. (wife swap)
- Astronauts discover a new, aggressive reptilian species. (alien breeding/world domination)
Rose Caraway will not accept stories featuring:
Scat-play or pedophilia.
How to Submit: (1 Story per author)
Early submission is strongly encouraged. Please send your submission to:
* Email: email@example.com
* Subject Line: Submission
Please submit your work as follows:
- Word document with your name in the heading of each page and all pages numbered. (.doc or RTF) Do not paste your story in the body of your email.
- Use double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point, black font
- Up to 4000 strict word count.
- Indent the first line of each paragraph 1 inch
- Do not add extra lines between paragraphs
- Only submit the final version of your story (Beta Readers can be found at The Slush Pile)
- Include your full contact information (legal name/pseudonym, web address, mailing address and phone number) and a bio of 100 words or less, written in the third person. Do not list your previous works, or any contact information in your bio, because that would be boring. Write something fun, about you.
**If you are using a pseudonym, please make it clear which name you want to be credited as.
Please note that Publisher, (Stupid Fish Productions) has final right of refusal on all submissions. No simultaneous submissions. Please do not submit a story that is being considered elsewhere.
Authors will be notified of acceptance upon final approval of the manuscript from the publisher.